Thursday 15 March 2018

Imperfect Misfits by Devanshi Sharma - Book Review

imperfect misfits, devanshi sharma new book


Book Name: Imperfect Misfits

Author: Devanshi Sharma

Blurb:

Tiasha: I am very annoyed.

Aakaash: That’s your job, Tiasha. Good that you are doing it well.

Tiasha: And I am very serious.

Aakaash: When are you not!

Tiasha: Argh! I hate you, Aakaash. 

Aakaash: Thank God for small mercies! 

Just like a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes the sizzling chocolate brownie delicious, these best friends complimented each other. A chef by passion, Tiasha jumps and waves through her professional choices, while Aakaash, the witty stand-up comedian, knows exactly what he wants.

He was the tranquility which refugees crave to stay in and she was the refugee, who wanted to wander and explore. Imperfect Misfits is a story of perfect misfits, food, frolic, emotions and their endless imperfections.

The question is, will their friendship survive through this wavy journey of love?

Review:

Imperfect Misfits is a story of two best friends who are already in love with each other yet aren't really ready to admit it. The story is about Tiasha and Aakash. Tiasha wishes to become a chef while Aakash wants to become a stand-up comedian. Do they follow their passion or does a need to have a stable job and make money come their way? Do they acknowledge their love for each other? 

Starting with the cover, I just loved it. It's cute and relatable. The novel is about teenage love and I believe the cover throws some light on what the story would be. 

Best friends turning their friendship into a romantic relationship is a very common plot. The story can be basically sum up in six-eight sentences. What's different is the situations and incidents. I won't say that I loved reading this book. But, enjoyed it. The story seemed very interesting at first. However, it turned a little dull towards the end. I felt that the end was kind of rushed into. I liked the way the author has presented the story i.e. in third person's perspective. She mentions some anecdotes about her own life which I found a bit distracting. It seemed as if I was drifted to some other place and then, all of a sudden brought into Tiasha and Aakash's lives.

The author has crafted the characters - Tiasha and Aakash in a very nice manner. They are adorable. I really loved their determination and hard work towards achieving their dreams. They are inspiring.

My likes-
- Tiasha and Aakash's friendship.
- Their determination and courage to take the path less traveled.

My dislikes
- The picture-perfect setting (I wonder how things can go so well. I remember author mentioning that certain things not only happen in books and movies but happen in real lives as well.)
- The abrupt end.

I rate:
Cover: 4/5
Characters: 3/5
Story: 3/5

My overall rating for 'Imperfect Misfits' is 3/5 stars.

You can buy your copies on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...