Wednesday 28 June 2017

Aparna Sinha - Author of Ashwamedha : Interview Session

Aparna Sinha - Author of Ashvamedha


Introduce yourself to the readers.

Born and raised in city of Allahabad, by academician father (his book has won the national award) and writer mother; I was always a dreamer and always a story teller. After graduating, I did my MBA and became a marketing professional. The book happened when I was hit by chronic autoimmune disorder, which forced me to quit my job; while the world/society felt sorry for me for losing my perfect skin to a disease, which may or may not cure, I used the time to write the novel. I recuperated as the book finished. Even though my body still carries marks of that illness, but it doesn’t remind me of pain and sleepless nights; it has made me strong and I thank god for that!

Now, I am a mother of an 18 month old boy and I love every bit of motherhood.

Ashvamedha - Book Cover


Tell us something about your book - Ashvamedha - The Game of Power.

Ashvamedha is a political thriller about years of Ashwin Jamwal’s life, in which he gradually became the most powerful man on earth, were orchestrated by master manipulator, Hades. Hades made him powerful only to sacrifice him, in the end, and claim the ultimate authority.

The book is #6 among top 50 favourite book by female author 2017; the book is called best political thriller of recent times by Hindu.


What made you write a political thriller? How was your experience writing Ashvamedha?

Head of a political party was mocked for making a comment on ubiquity of politics, his choice of words was little off track, but he made a valid point. Politics is everywhere. Yet, political thriller, is still a lesser read genre. People associate politics with boring stories of old men quietly discussing a government overturn, in reality it about is continuous strategizing, involving dexterity of highly shrewd individuals capable of manipulating and deciding fate of over 7 billion people. It is exciting to read political thrillers and even more enthralling to write one.


What was the toughest part when writing Ashvamedha?

Research and validation after writing.


Are you working on your next book? Let us know some details about it.

It is a thriller will touch base on education system of the country through that book.


It was good talking to you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you.


You can buy Ashvamedha on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...